This is the next level of my burger buns recipe. This time I experimented with lye. You might know lyed bakery from bretzels, but it can also be done with brioche.
for around 6 buns.
- 500g Flour
- 250g Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 pack of dried yeast
- 3/4 spoon of salt
- 40g sugar
- 2 EL butter
- A pot and 35 gramms of soda per 1 litre of water (I used 70g for 2 litres)
- mix the dry ingredients
- add the other irgredients and mix them until the dough comes together
- let the dough rise (until it doubled in size)
- make the buns and let the rise again
- Bring 2 litres of water to boil
- Add the soda
- Put the buns into the water and let it cook for 1 minute from each side
- If you like sprinkle on some salt flakes
- bake at 180° with two-sided heat for around 18 minutes
This brought my burger buns game to the next level. Highly recommend trying to lye your buns.