Focaccia is a simple but awesome bread. It can be used to receycle Pizza dough. If you don´t have any leftover I strongly recoommend to make dough especially for it.
for around 2 focaccias.
- 500g Flour
- 300g Water
- 3-5g yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- olive oil
topping (if you like):
- cherry tomatoes
- salt pieces
Put this dough together and let it rest in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Good thing: It will get better the longer it is in the fridge. You can prepare more and just take out pieces when you need/grave them.
- preheat the oven to around 220°
- oil your baking pan
- take the dough out of the fridge
- put it directly in the backing pan (no need to let it warm up like other doughs)
- wait a few minutes. during this time chop your tomatoes
- make some dents into the dough and add olive oil
- check if you have added enough olive oil (hint, it should be a lot)
- put the tomatoes, salt and rosemary on top
- put all in the oven and let it bake for 25 minutes
You can use all different kinds of toppings like olives, (sweet / bell) peppers, califlower, etc. Enjoy :-)